Mondo Internazionale Hub is established as a division of Mondo Internazionale Association, as established by art. 37 of the Single Regulations of the same. The division is under the direction of the Presidency, the Steering Committee and the General Manager.
Members of Mondo Internazionale Hub are all those who are regularly enrolled in Mondo Internazionale Association and whose application for membership in the division is successful.
The membership application in Mondo Internazionale Hub division may be made if the member meets the following requirements:
a. The candidate must have completed a three-year degree cycle or, alternatively, be enrolled in a specialist/Master's degree course or a Level I or II Master's degree issued by recognized university institutes. Foreign qualifications, artistic or musical, legally recognized and equivalent to a three-year degree, are also recognized. For candidates enrolled in single cycle degree courses, the candidate must be regularly enrolled in the 3rd year of the course. Applications are also valid for candidates enrolled in research doctorates in Italy or abroad at recognized university institutes.
b. The candidate must be a regular member of Mondo Internazionale Association at the time the application is submitted. The application for membership in the Mondo Internazionale Hub is assessed by the Director Division together with the General Director of Mondo Internazionale Association. The latter is required to consult in advance with the General Secretary and the Steering Committee. The membership application in Mondo Internazionale Hub must demonstrate the validity of the research and innovation skills and must contain a research project proposal accompanied by a letter of motivation.
c. In case of rejection, the application may be submitted again after 6 months from the submission of the last membership application in Mondo Internazionale Hub. It is possible to appeal in case of rejection to the President who is obliged to consult with the Steering Committee to re-examine the reasons for rejection.
The expulsion of members from the division of Mondo Internazionale Hub is regulated by Art. 5 of the Statue of Mondo Internazionale Association. The Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Association decides on the expulsion of the members of Mondo Internazionale Hub. The Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association expresses itself in favor or against by a qualified majority of the members present at the vote, on the proposal of the Board of Directors of the division. In cases of absolute urgency, the President of Mondo Internazionale Association may take appropriate action, in accordance with the provisions of chapter 1 art. 1 of the Single Regulation of the Association itself.
The division of Mondo Internazionale Hub carries out its activities under the supervision of the Board of Directors.
On February 1st, every two years from February 2020, the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Hub Association meets to renew the offices of the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Hub. At this meeting, the Board of Directors elects from among its members the Director, the Advisor and the Secretary of Mondo Internazionale Hub.
1. The Secretary of the Mondo Internazionale Hub is appointed at the proposal of the General Manager of Mondo Internazionale Association and is elected by qualified majority vote of the Steering Committee of the same. The term of office lasts 2 years and is tacitly renewable. The Secretary may resign at any time by informing the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association in writing 90 days before the actual resignation, unless otherwise agreed by the Parties. If the Steering Committee deems it necessary, it may revoke the office of Secretary by qualified majority, giving reasons for the decision in writing and communicating it through official channels. The decision of the Steering Committee shall take effect as from 3 days after the communication.
2. The Secretary is responsible for coordinating and managing the general administration of the Mondo Internazionale Hub together with the Director.
3. The Secretary shall act with the powers expressly delegated to him by these Regulations. The Secretary shall:
a. Provide the Board of Directors with scenarios on the future of the division and strategies for its development;
b. Protect the image and credibility of Mondo Internazionale Hub;
c. Refuse donations incompatible with the purposes of the association;
d. Avoid purchases or decisions in conflict of interest;
e. Set remuneration and benefits for employees within the usual limits for the professionalism employed and in compliance with current labour regulations, to guarantee the safety of the offices in accordance with the rules laid down by Italian law, jointly consulting the Director and the Advisor;
f. Implement the policy resolutions formulated by the Board of Directors, in consultation with the Director and the Advisor and respond to the results achieved;
g. Freely choose the most suitable instruments to achieve the objectives set by the Board of Directors;
h. Propose to the Board of Directors an Annual Plan and a Three-Year Plan for the planning of activities, according to the objectives formulated by the Board of Directors;
i. Inform the General Manager of Mondo Internazionale Association, the Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub, or in his absence the Advisor , and the Steering Committee in particular of the most relevant events and trends, the opinions that may influence their decisions, the situations in which the Board of Directors deviates from its previous guidelines and informs the Director, in his absence the Advisor , of the topics that it would be appropriate, in his opinion, to put on the agenda;
l. Maintain relations with the other divisions and with all public and private bodies with which it is appropriate to collaborate in order to achieve the objectives set by the Board of Directors, in compliance with the law and confidentiality;
m. Be responsible for the work of the staff and to manage it in compliance with the rules established by the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association and the employment contracts. It shall not prevent any employee from addressing the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub or the Presidency of Mondo Internazionale Association to report violations of internal regulations;
n. Set up Commissions with operational tasks in execution of resolutions of the Board of Directors with the consent of the Director, or in the absence of the Advisor;
o. Ensure that the Director and the Advisor are aware of basic issues and procedures of his work, so that he may be temporarily replaced if necessary and must inform the General Manager of Mondo Internazionale Association periodically, except in urgent cases;
p. Draw up the appointments necessary for the conferral of offices within the Mondo Internazionale Hub, with the consent of the General Manager of Mondo Internazionale Association and the Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub, or in his absence of the Advisor.
4. The Board of Directors also grants the following powers to the Secretary, to be exercised by joint signature with the General Manager of the Mondo Internazionale Association and the Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub, or on his behalf the Advisor:
a. Make purchases as part of the activities of the division, committing the Mondo Internazionale Association for all rights and obligations that may derive from it, within the limits of the programs approved by the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association and subject to authorization by the General Manager of the same;
b. Define the specific skills of employees and external collaborators;
c. Hire, promote, suspend and dismiss personnel within the division;
d. Provide for the payment of periodic salary payments to employees of the division, as well as contributions and related compulsory fulfilments;
e. Implement all accident prevention measures to protect the division's employees and collaborators, adopting all necessary precautions and providing them with the necessary training in order to avoid and prevent any possible generic or specific risk to which they may be exposed;
f. Deal with assistance and consultancy relationships with professionals of continuous or occasional duration and involving legal, administrative, fiscal, technical, promotional, etc. issues to be proposed for signature to the Director;
g. Adopt all necessary measures to prevent violations of the obligation of privacy with the right to appoint data processors responsible for the processing of personal data;
h. Perform any other act within the ordinary administration, according to the programs and within the spending limits approved by the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub and the Steering Committee of the Mondo Internazionale Association.
6. The Secretary may have access, with the prior permission of the President of Mondo Internazionale Association, or in his place of the Vice-President, and the Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub, to all documents; software, computer and no-computer programs in admin mode; the bank account; the registered and/or operational headquarters of the Association; and any movable and immovable property of the Association limited to the performance of its functions and duties.
7. All information that the Secretary of the Mondo Internazionale Hub discusses about Mondo Internazionale Association and its organization of internal and external activities is to be considered confidential and prohibited from disclosure. The same applies to the division of Mondo Internazionale Hub, in all its parts.
8. In the international context in which the division operates, it is identified as the "Secretary of Mondo Internazionale Hub".
9. The Secretary assumes full responsibility in the performance of the activities indicated and the burden of reparation towards Mondo Internazionale Association and the division in case of damages resulting from negligence and/or failure to perform his duties. He shall be liable civilly and criminally if the damage caused provides for the possibility of recourse to legal action against him. If the damage caused is attributable to the failure of the General Manager of Mondo Internazionale Association to perform his duties, the latter shall be civilly and criminally liable for the actions of the Secretary of the Mondo Internazionale Hub.
1. Those who intend to become Members of the Hub division of Mondo Internazionale must be, at the time of submitting the application, Ordinary Members of Mondo Internazionale Association; the application for the association is made by written application using the "become an Associate" form on mondointernazionale.com website. A self-certification must be inserted in the association request form in which the candidate declares whether he has suffered criminal convictions or has criminal charges pending in Italy or abroad, specifying, if so, the crimes for which he has been convicted or is under investigation. It is also necessary to include the acceptance of rights for the protection of privacy and the assumption of all civil and criminal responsibility for any activity carried out within the Association, including responsibility for what is disclosed in a personal capacity through Mondo Internazionale channels.2. Specifying the provisions of art. 4 of the Statute of Mondo Internazionale, the Steering Committee may appoint Ordinary Members those who have particular expertise in the areas of interest to the Association's activities.
1. The logo of Mondo Internazionale Hub is is represented in every official channel and document of the division.
The use of Mondo Internazionale Hub logo by any of its members must be authorized by the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub. The logo must be reproduced faithfully in the characters and color. The Mondo Internazionale Hub logo is protected in the same way as Mondo Internazionale Association logo.
2. This name and logo are protected in Italy and in the main foreign countries where the Association's and division's programs take place.
3. In the case of the "Mondo Internazionale - Nation" Associations, the logo indicated in chapter 7 art. 36 paragraph 1 of the Regulation of Mondo Internazionale Association provides for the addition of the reference "Nation".
The progressive diffusion of new information technologies, and in particular the free access to the Internet from Personal Computers, exposes Mondo Internazionale to the risks of both patrimonial and criminal involvement, creating problems for the security and image of the Association itself.
Considering therefore that the use of computer and telematic resources of our Association must always be inspired by the principle of diligence and correctness, behaviors that are normally adopted in the context of a working relationship, Mondo Internazionale has adopted an internal regulation aimed at avoiding that unconscious behavior could trigger problems or threats to Security in the processing of personal data.
For this provision please refer to art. 47 of the Regulation of the Mondo Internazionale.
For this provision please refer to art. 48 of the Regulation of the Mondo Internazionale.
For this provision please refer to art. 49 of the Regulation of the Mondo Internazionale.
For this provision please refer to art. 50 of the Regulation of the Mondo Internazionale.
For this provision please refer to art. 51 of the Regulation of the Mondo Internazionale.
1. Mondo Internazionale Hub documents can be requested by sending a formal written request to the Division's Board of Directors. The Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub must respond to the request according to the same modalities indicated for Mondo Internazionale Hub Association in chapter 9 art. 52 of the Regulation; if the latter is not possible, the Secretary will respond to the request on behalf of the Director.
2. The documents containing the strategies outlined by the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub for the activities and projects that the division intends to develop cannot be made public.
1. The management of the activities of Mondo Internazionale Hub with third parties is attributed to the Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub, who operates on behalf of the division under the supervision of the General Manager of Mondo Internazionale Association, who is civilly and criminally responsible for the work of the Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub.2. The Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub has the task of formulating collaboration agreements with third parties, respecting the rules established in the subject by Mondo Internazionale Association. The formulation of the agreements is done in concert with the External Relations Team of Mondo Internazionale Association.
The Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub meets once a month every month except for the months of January, August and December, for the management of the activities such as:
a. Resolve for the activities with third parties;
b. Organise the management of the activities of the division;
c. Update on the activities carried out by the Heads of Research;
d. Ensure that the activities carried out follow the established guidelines;
e. Resolve on the admission of new members;
f. Arrange periodic updates for the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association.
g. Prepare and update the division's financial statements.
All members of Mondo Internazionale Hub, as associates of Mondo Internazionale, can take part in the General Assembly, which is convened once every three months.
The possibility of requesting funding, from public and/or private entities, for Mondo Internazionale Hub must be considered by the the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association together with the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub.
1. The Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub, together with the Treasurer of Mondo Internazionale Association, may consider applying for funding following a determination that it is impossible to self-finance or request funds from Mondo Internazionale Association. The proposal must, in any case, be examined by the Board of Auditors. Once approved, it is subject to a vote by the Steering Committee, which must approve it unanimously.
2. Within 10 days of the unanimous approval of the Steering Committee, the Treasurer of Mondo Internazionale Association must draw up a plan for the return from financing, explaining the timing and purpose of the financing. The plan must then be examined by the Board of Auditors and finally again by the Steering Committee, which must approve it unanimously.
3. No more than 60 days must elapse between the formal request and the last approval.
4. If the request is rejected, at least 90 days must elapse from the date of rejection to the date of a new formal request to the Chairman.
5. In case of approval, the President of Mondo Internazionale Association authorizes its Treasurer to proceed with the request for funding.
6. The Treasurer of Mondo Internazionale Association must then explain the financing plan to the Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub. The Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association must verify, together with the Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub, that the financing obtained is used for the purposes provided for and in compliance with the provisions of the law of the Italian State, the Regulation and the Statute of Mondo Internazionale Association.
1. The maximum duration of a grant must be 36 months.
2. There is no minimum durability limit.
It is strictly forbidden to impose mortgages for the financing of the members' movable and immovable property, whatever office they hold within the Association.
1. All financing is eligible provided that it is issued by recognized financial companies or, alternatively, by institutional bodies.
2. Funding which does not reflect all the characteristics indicated and which has not followed the entire approval process is not eligible.
3. It is the responsibility of the Director of Mondo Internazionale Hub to ensure that funding reflects the criteria established by Mondo Internazionale Association prior to the submission of the application as provided in paragraph 1 of this article.
The President of Mondo Internazionale Association, after consulting the Secretary General and the Treasurer of the same, may request in cases of extreme urgency that a meeting of the three bodies having the right to vote on matters of financing be convened in order to make a unanimous vote to request a necessary and urgent loan. The General Assembly must be convened within three days and at least 2/3 of those entitled to vote must be present for it to be valid.
Liberal funding directed to Mondo Internazionale Hub is discussed and approved by a majority of the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association.
1. Considering the importance of the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub in planning the activities of the division and for the good functioning of the division, disciplinary measures may be taken, in accordance with the principles expressed in the Code of Ethics of the Mondo Internazionale Hub Association, to prevent and limit behaviour and detrimental practices to the proper performance of the tasks assigned to the Board of Directors mentioned above.
2. Should one or more members of the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub adopt behaviours and/or actions detrimental to the integrity of the body in question and to the correct performance of the tasks attributed to it, expulsion measures or, in the most serious cases, expulsion from the Board of Directors may be applied against the subject or the subjects. Moreover, these measures can be applied for actions carried out by the members of the Board of Directors also outside of such seat, with the condition that they have occurred in relation to the carrying out of the activities, directly or indirectly, of Mondo Internazionale Association and that they have caused material and/or image damage to the same.
3. The following are considered unacceptable behaviours by members of the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub and subject to disciplinary actions:
a. To harm the image of the Mondo Internazionale Association and the division in front of its members and/or the outside public through culpable or malicious actions;
b. Voluntary actions and/or behaviours aimed at negatively affecting professional relations in the Association and the division, making it impossible to correctly carry out the Association’s activities;
c. Prolonged absence, equal to 3 consecutive meetings, from the internal meetings of the Board of Directors. The absence of a member of the Board of Directors shall not be considered if the latter delegates another Board member to represent him/her at the meeting.
4. If such behaviours are detected by one or more members of the Board of Directors, the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association has the right to issue a formal warning to those who behave in a manner liable to disciplinary action. The warning is issued or rejected by a simple majority vote of the members present at the proposal of an individual member of the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association, its General Manageror one or more members of the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Association Hub:
a. The first warning represents a formal warning to stop any behaviour contrary to good conduct within the Board of Directors;
b. If a member of the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub receives two warnings, he is subject to the expulsion from the Board for a period of 1 month. The expulsion from the Board of Directors provides for the suspension of the status of member of the Board, resulting in the loss of the right to vote and the possibility to participate in the meetings of the Board. Moreover, the Board of Directors has the right to prevent the suspended member from having access to the official communication channels of the Board of Directors.
c. If a member of the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub in a final and irrevocable manner by the Board of Directors. Expulsion from the Board of Directors shall also result in the inability to be re-elected as a member of the Board. The Board of Directors reserves the right to take further disciplinary actions if the person maintains a conduct prejudicial to the Association and its members, in accordance with the internal rules of the Mondo Internazionale Association Hub.
5. If a member of the Board of Directors of the Mondo Internazionale Hub is expelled for misconduct, the Board of Directors, with the approval of the General General Manager of Mondo Internazionale Association, may add a new provisional member to its membership, who shall replace the expelled member until the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association elects the next member. The proposal for the provisional member may be submitted by any member of the Steering Committee, the General Manager of Mondo Internazionale Association or the Board of Directors of Mondo Internazionale Hub. The provisional member is appointed by the Steering Committee of the Mondo Internazionale Association, which must approve the inclusion of the provisional member by qualified majority vote of its members. The provisional member appointed by the Steering Committee is appointed by letter of formal appointment, signed by the Steering Committee, which must accept without reservation.
1. The Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association may make verifications to ensure that the research projects within Mondo Internazionale Hub are carried out according to criteria of objectivity, transparency and impartiality.2. If it is deemed necessary to carry out such verifications, the Steering Committee of Mondo Internazionale Association shall appoint two members to assess the objectivity, transparency and impartiality of the research project. The members are selected on the basis of their theoretical and technical expertise on the subject of the research project in question, so that they are able to carry out the evaluation.
1. All information, activities, and strategies with which each member comes into contact are not divulged externally and may not be replicated.
2. The elected offices must respect all the contents of these Regulations, the Statute, the Single Regulations, the Ethics Code and the Data Protection Regulation of Mondo Internazionale Association.
3. Each member is required to comply with the Statute, the Single Regulations, the Ethics Codes and the Data Protection Regulation of Mondo Internazionale Association and the resolutions of the assembly bodies provided for the performance of the association's activities.
4. Violations of the Statute, the Single Regulations, the Ethics Code, the Data Protection Regulation and this Regulation and the resolutions of the Association's governing bodies shall be prosecuted in the appropriate venues.
5. Should an Associate not be able to carry out the activities for which he or she is responsible and which are freely accepted in accordance with the provisions of the Single Regulations and these Regulations, he or she shall be required to identify a substitute and/or to complete the activity in order not to hinder the Association's activities, except in exceptional cases identified by the Steering Committee.
6. In case of damage caused to the Association and/or the division that is due to negligence, disclosure of information to unauthorized persons, unforeseen resignation, everything related to damage done with intent and intent, the person in charge must repair the damage as soon as possible. In the event of disputes, the Court of Milan shall have jurisdiction.
7. Should any episodes occur that require the intervention of a judicial body, the Board of Arbitrators of Mondo Internazionale Association is to be considered responsible for intervening, in accordance with art. 13 of the Statute of Mondo Internazionale.
Translation by: Rosalia Severino
Ultimo aggiornamento in data 15 February 2021